October 15, 2018
All Illinois resident producers are required to complete 24 hours of CE with 3 of those hours consisting of classroom ethics. Resource Brokerage, LLC will be holding an ethics classroom presentation that fulfills the state’s requirement. The program will consist of an in-depth discussion of ethics as they pertain to the independent insurance agent.
The program is designed to be interactive and the instructor encourages class attendees to participate in discussions of the different ethical/unethical scenarios that will be presented.
Classroom Ethics Course:
Monday, October 22, 2018 9:00am to Noon
Schaumburg Corporate Conference Center Conference Rooms A and B. 1501 E. Woodfield Road Schaumburg, IL 60173
RSVP below or via phone to Judy Wrigley: 847-598-0039
For brokers (or assistants) that have produced for us in the last two years, there is no charge IF REGISTERED IN ADVANCE. For all other interested individuals, a non-refundable $60 registration fee will be charged (exception: if you place a piece of business through our agency within 60 days of the seminar, the registration fee will be refunded to you).
Same day registration (subject to availability): $80 cash or check. No discounts will be honored for same day “walk ins”.
September 21, 2018
Register for Resource Brokerage’s BCBSIL 2019 Group Rollout webinar! You cannot afford to miss these webinars. We will share all you need to know to finish strong in 2018 and start 2019 off on your best foot.
Tuesday, October 2, 2018 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Thursday, October 4, 2018 10:00am to 11:00am
- Review of key dates that are important to both your existing and new groups. Know the key dates—avoid the headaches!
- What are the portfolio updates for 2019 for both Metallic and Middle Market groups?
- Things you can do to expedite your case through Underwriting and get ID cards before the holidays!
- Online enrollment technologies available to simplify and expedite broker enrollments through Resource Brokerage!
- Zero Employer Contribution and Zero Participation requirements. How does it work? What is required to enroll them? How to determine if this is an option for your group prospects!
- Review of one-life groups. What are the requirements for writing one-life groups?
- 51+ Middle Markets— Attractive New Business rating Incentives and renewal guarantees for 1/1/19 specific effective dates!
September 21, 2018
Join Blair Farwell and Linda Medrano for our 2019 BCBSIL Individual Products annual producer training webinar series! Each year, we share what you need to know in order to maximize your BCBSIL Individual business. Please join us!
Tuesday, September 25, 2018 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:00am to 11:00am
Overview on BCBSIL Individual products:
- Individual Health Product Updates for 2019
- 2019 Qualified Health Plan Product Offering
- Pharmacy/Prescription Changes
- Dental & Vision Updates
- New Fully Insured Vision program
Learn BCBSIL strategy in:
- Product Stabilization
- Transitions and Renewals
- Marketing and Advertising Focus
- Revamped Strategic Alliance
Plus, see details on our education and outreach efforts:
- Producer Training Campaign, Tools and Resources
- Regulatory and Compliance Reminders
- Prospect and Member Materials
July 30, 2018
We are excited to see the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Marketplace Announcement that will relieve the historically burdensome 14 day FUTURE terminate date protocols. Prior to the referenced rule change, when an insured called in to terminate their individual policy on the marketplace the termination would not be effective until 14 days in to the future. CMS’ updated policy now reflects the typical process most carriers follow that an insured can request a “date of call” termination.
See below for Fridays official Marketplace announcement.
June 15, 2018
We have entered travel season. Most insureds are not aware of the medical insurance pitfalls that come with international travel. Medicare is even a bigger pitfall in that there is NO overseas coverage. Some Medicare Supplements will carry minimal riders providing a small level of coverage but may not be very comprehensive. When traveling internationally, it is always a good idea to get an International Policy that provides multi lingual support. In many cases, an International Policy can eliminate the need to prepay upfront and submit for reimbursement after you get home—after having all the bills translated and converted (at your cost). Take a look at the enclosed link. We can offer our brokers a similar personalized link that your potential clients can “self-serve” quote, enroll, and fulfill their policy all over the internet while you receive the full broker commission. Call our office for details!
June 12, 2018
BCBS requires all renewing groups to update their Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) data via Blue Access for Employers (BAE). The link in groups’ BAE accounts became active on June 5th, 2018 and will be live until September 4th, 2018.
Please see News from the Blues article for more details.
June 7, 2018
BCBSIL will extend existing transitional policy plans for an additional year, through the end of groups’ 2019 plan years.
Following the recent announcements by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois will be extending existing transitional policy plans for an additional year, through the end of groups’ 2019 plan years, including:
- Non-grandfathered (non-metallic) small group (1-50) plans with policy years beginning on or before Oct. 1, 2013.
- Non-grandfathered plans are considered those issued after March 23, 2010, but before Jan. 1, 2014.