March 29, 2019
Resource Brokerage is an established group ancillary general agency with a wide range of best in class, well known carriers. We will spend time giving you sales ideas and show you how each of our carriers’ products are positioned in order to generate the most sales in their own verticals. Learn how you can effectively design an ancillary package that will excite your client by quantifying the needs of their current and prospective employees.
- Conversation starters to open the door to ancillary sales with existing clients as well as new prospects.
- Plan design flexibility to meet the clients’ needs.
- Dental, Vision, Life and Disability (including voluntary and employer sponsored products down to two lives).
- Our ancillary carriers include: MetLife, Dearborn National, Humana, Reliance Standard, Kansas City Life, Allied National and Starmark.
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:00pm to 2:00pm CDT
March 28, 2019
BCBSIL Middle Market (51-150 Lives) Product Refresh Webinar
Fascinating things are happening in the BCBSIL Middle Management portfolio starting July 1st, 2019, and Resource Brokerage will be hosting a webinar to provide brokers insight into the new portfolio.
Two webinars will be conducted—Tuesday, April 9th, at 1:00pm or Wednesday, April 10th, at 10:00am—and we hope you will plan to attend one of these sessions.
- SALES IDEAS! There are opportunities that will be available for only 7/1/2019 effective dates. The time to act on those opportunities is NOW.
- What is the opportunity?
- How do we see the opportunity being positioned most effectively?
- How can you capitalize on it?
- Highlight the most important updates and where Resource Brokerage sees the sales opportunities as a result of the portfolio updates?
- How the new portfolio will affect the existing Middle Market renewals administratively at time of renewal? What can you do to prepare your clients and minimize client surprises?
This webinar is intended to be approximately 30 minutes of prepared comments with time for brokers’ questions and answers. You do not want to miss this opportunity to have a very strong mid-year sales opportunity to increase your book of business and protect it from other agents who are actively using these opportunities as prospecting tools.
Tuesday, April 9, 2019 1:00pm to 1:30pm CDT
Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:00am to 10:30am CDT
March 19, 2019
Join Blair Farwell and Linda Medrano on Tuesday, March 26th, at 1:00pm as they present a webinar illustrating the needs and benefits of travel insurance. The spring break travel season is upon us and summer breaks are just around the corner so we will illustrate the shortfalls of most domestic plans (including Medicare) while traveling internationally. We will show how you can assist your clients by obtaining Patriot Travel Medical Insurance® from IMG for their international travel thereby protecting themselves from catastrophic medical events.
- Easy to sell – the entire process is online (quoting, enrollment, fulfillment)
- Individual and Group plans
- Wide selection of deductible/benefit options
- Wide range of benefits including emergency evacuation, repatriation, AD&D and more
- Introduction of the Digital marketing platforms available to contracted agents
Tuesday, March 26th, 2019 1:00pm to 2:00pm CDT
October 15, 2018
All Illinois resident producers are required to complete 24 hours of CE with 3 of those hours consisting of classroom ethics. Resource Brokerage, LLC will be holding an ethics classroom presentation that fulfills the state’s requirement. The program will consist of an in-depth discussion of ethics as they pertain to the independent insurance agent.
The program is designed to be interactive and the instructor encourages class attendees to participate in discussions of the different ethical/unethical scenarios that will be presented.
Classroom Ethics Course:
Monday, October 22, 2018 9:00am to Noon
Schaumburg Corporate Conference Center Conference Rooms A and B. 1501 E. Woodfield Road Schaumburg, IL 60173
RSVP below or via phone to Judy Wrigley: 847-598-0039
For brokers (or assistants) that have produced for us in the last two years, there is no charge IF REGISTERED IN ADVANCE. For all other interested individuals, a non-refundable $60 registration fee will be charged (exception: if you place a piece of business through our agency within 60 days of the seminar, the registration fee will be refunded to you).
Same day registration (subject to availability): $80 cash or check. No discounts will be honored for same day “walk ins”.
September 21, 2018
Register for Resource Brokerage’s BCBSIL 2019 Group Rollout webinar! You cannot afford to miss these webinars. We will share all you need to know to finish strong in 2018 and start 2019 off on your best foot.
Tuesday, October 2, 2018 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Thursday, October 4, 2018 10:00am to 11:00am
- Review of key dates that are important to both your existing and new groups. Know the key dates—avoid the headaches!
- What are the portfolio updates for 2019 for both Metallic and Middle Market groups?
- Things you can do to expedite your case through Underwriting and get ID cards before the holidays!
- Online enrollment technologies available to simplify and expedite broker enrollments through Resource Brokerage!
- Zero Employer Contribution and Zero Participation requirements. How does it work? What is required to enroll them? How to determine if this is an option for your group prospects!
- Review of one-life groups. What are the requirements for writing one-life groups?
- 51+ Middle Markets— Attractive New Business rating Incentives and renewal guarantees for 1/1/19 specific effective dates!
September 21, 2018
Join Blair Farwell and Linda Medrano for our 2019 BCBSIL Individual Products annual producer training webinar series! Each year, we share what you need to know in order to maximize your BCBSIL Individual business. Please join us!
Tuesday, September 25, 2018 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:00am to 11:00am
Overview on BCBSIL Individual products:
- Individual Health Product Updates for 2019
- 2019 Qualified Health Plan Product Offering
- Pharmacy/Prescription Changes
- Dental & Vision Updates
- New Fully Insured Vision program
Learn BCBSIL strategy in:
- Product Stabilization
- Transitions and Renewals
- Marketing and Advertising Focus
- Revamped Strategic Alliance
Plus, see details on our education and outreach efforts:
- Producer Training Campaign, Tools and Resources
- Regulatory and Compliance Reminders
- Prospect and Member Materials
July 30, 2018
We are excited to see the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Marketplace Announcement that will relieve the historically burdensome 14 day FUTURE terminate date protocols. Prior to the referenced rule change, when an insured called in to terminate their individual policy on the marketplace the termination would not be effective until 14 days in to the future. CMS’ updated policy now reflects the typical process most carriers follow that an insured can request a “date of call” termination.
See below for Fridays official Marketplace announcement.