We have entered travel season. Most insureds are not aware of the medical insurance pitfalls that come with international travel. Medicare is even a bigger pitfall in that there is NO overseas coverage. Some Medicare Supplements will carry minimal riders providing a small level of coverage but may not be very comprehensive. When traveling internationally, it is always a good idea to get an International Policy that provides multi lingual support. In many cases, an International Policy can eliminate the need to prepay upfront and submit for reimbursement after you get home—after having all the bills translated and converted (at your cost). Take a look at the enclosed link. We can offer our brokers a similar personalized link that your potential clients can “self-serve” quote, enroll, and fulfill their policy all over the internet while you receive the full broker commission. Call our office for details!
BCBSIL will extend existing transitional policy plans for an additional year, through the end of groups’ 2019 plan years.
Following the recent announcements by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois will be extending existing transitional policy plans for an additional year, through the end of groups’ 2019 plan years, including:
- Non-grandfathered (non-metallic) small group (1-50) plans with policy years beginning on or before Oct. 1, 2013.
- Non-grandfathered plans are considered those issued after March 23, 2010, but before Jan. 1, 2014.
BCBSIL has communicated in The News from the Blues that as of 4/1/18 they are no longer accepting the Illinois Standard Health Employee Application for new OR existing business. Please make sure you and your clients are using only the new form starting 4/1/18. The new form can be found on our website with the name of 2018 Employee Enrollment/Change Form.
At this time BCBSIL is still accepting the one page Enrollment Change Request Form to make any minor changes on a member’s account, but we do think in the future they will switch to the new form for all transactions.
As a reminder Group Administrators and brokers can process the application on Blue Access for Employers (BAE) in most instances. This would be a good time to help your willing clients better acquaint themselves with BAE.
Have you protected your individual commissions through year end?
Producer SEP affirmations must be completed by 2/15/18.
Please send us a print screen when your Attestation successfully posts for our records. You will receive a Success page with “Your confirmation number is 1-xxxxxxxx”.
Join Blair Farwell, RHU, RBEC in learning about the 2014 Humana Group Portfolio.
- Now that we are on the eve of 2014, where does Resource Brokerage see the Group Health Market going in 2014?
- See how Humana interpreted and applied the ACA requirements into the 2014 Small Group Medical Portfolio.
- Review the new 2014 plan designs: PPO, HMO and HDHP. How and why have they changed?
- Learn how Humana is positioning themselves to remain competitive in 2014 with pricing and plan designs.
- Learn how the Affordable Care Act affected the Vitality Program (Humana Wellness) allowing double digit MEMBER LEVEL discounting off the new Guarantee Issue ACA premiums.
Very Limited Seating!
Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:00pm to 2:30pm
New Employee Application Now Available
An updated version of the Small Group Employee application is now available on Blue Access® for Producers:
- Small Group Application (20084.1008)
Use of the old version (20084.0906) should be discontinued and will not be accepted after March 1, 2010.