June 7, 2018
BCBSIL will extend existing transitional policy plans for an additional year, through the end of groups’ 2019 plan years.
Following the recent announcements by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois will be extending existing transitional policy plans for an additional year, through the end of groups’ 2019 plan years, including:
- Non-grandfathered (non-metallic) small group (1-50) plans with policy years beginning on or before Oct. 1, 2013.
- Non-grandfathered plans are considered those issued after March 23, 2010, but before Jan. 1, 2014.
June 4, 2018
The IRS recently announced the increase to the affordability threshold for ACA employer mandate pay or play purposes to 9.86% for plan years beginning in 2019. This is increased from 9.56% for 2018 plan years.
For a copy of Revenue Procedure 2018-34 please click on the link below:
March 21, 2018
BCBSIL has communicated in The News from the Blues that as of 4/1/18 they are no longer accepting the Illinois Standard Health Employee Application for new OR existing business. Please make sure you and your clients are using only the new form starting 4/1/18. The new form can be found on our website with the name of 2018 Employee Enrollment/Change Form.
At this time BCBSIL is still accepting the one page Enrollment Change Request Form to make any minor changes on a member’s account, but we do think in the future they will switch to the new form for all transactions.
As a reminder Group Administrators and brokers can process the application on Blue Access for Employers (BAE) in most instances. This would be a good time to help your willing clients better acquaint themselves with BAE.
March 9, 2018
Blair Farwell and Jennifer Clow just returned from spending three days on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC with the National Association of Health Underwriters. Resource Brokerage will be hosting a webinar to discuss:
- Now that Repeal and Replace is no longer being pursued in Washington, what are the current legislative goals of our industry in order to stabilize markets?
- What are the real world incremental changes we can make to bring rate and market stability back to the health insurance markets?
- What should you as an insurance agent be doing now?
- What are the valuable talking points that you can discuss with your clients when they ask you, “What are the solutions? What’s next?” for health insurance reform?
- What are the current potential threats to the health insurance market/industry that are being explored in Washington, DC as of today?
Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:00pm-2:00pm
Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:00am-11:00am
January 25, 2018
Have you protected your individual commissions through year end?
Producer SEP affirmations must be completed by 2/15/18.
Please send us a print screen when your Attestation successfully posts for our records. You will receive a Success page with “Your confirmation number is 1-xxxxxxxx”.
May 20, 2014
Two Sessions! June 11th and 12th.
- An in-depth review of the 2014 Group renewal environment
- What to expect as a broker
- What should brokers be doing right now to be prepared for the 12/1-1/1 renewal season
November 15, 2013
On November 14th, President Obama made an announcement that all
NON-GRANDFATHERED POLICIES that are being canceled as a result of the Affordable Care Act would get a one-year extension and in fact WOULD NOT be canceled as of 12/31/2013.
We have already been in touch with all our carriers. The carriers are aware of the development and are eagerly awaiting the formal regulations that will provide them the exact rules/regulations in order to be able to administer the new changes.
Read the Full Update