September 21, 2018
Register for Resource Brokerage’s BCBSIL 2019 Group Rollout webinar! You cannot afford to miss these webinars. We will share all you need to know to finish strong in 2018 and start 2019 off on your best foot.
Tuesday, October 2, 2018 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Thursday, October 4, 2018 10:00am to 11:00am
- Review of key dates that are important to both your existing and new groups. Know the key dates—avoid the headaches!
- What are the portfolio updates for 2019 for both Metallic and Middle Market groups?
- Things you can do to expedite your case through Underwriting and get ID cards before the holidays!
- Online enrollment technologies available to simplify and expedite broker enrollments through Resource Brokerage!
- Zero Employer Contribution and Zero Participation requirements. How does it work? What is required to enroll them? How to determine if this is an option for your group prospects!
- Review of one-life groups. What are the requirements for writing one-life groups?
- 51+ Middle Markets— Attractive New Business rating Incentives and renewal guarantees for 1/1/19 specific effective dates!
September 21, 2018
Join Blair Farwell and Linda Medrano for our 2019 BCBSIL Individual Products annual producer training webinar series! Each year, we share what you need to know in order to maximize your BCBSIL Individual business. Please join us!
Tuesday, September 25, 2018 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:00am to 11:00am
Overview on BCBSIL Individual products:
- Individual Health Product Updates for 2019
- 2019 Qualified Health Plan Product Offering
- Pharmacy/Prescription Changes
- Dental & Vision Updates
- New Fully Insured Vision program
Learn BCBSIL strategy in:
- Product Stabilization
- Transitions and Renewals
- Marketing and Advertising Focus
- Revamped Strategic Alliance
Plus, see details on our education and outreach efforts:
- Producer Training Campaign, Tools and Resources
- Regulatory and Compliance Reminders
- Prospect and Member Materials
July 30, 2018
We are excited to see the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Marketplace Announcement that will relieve the historically burdensome 14 day FUTURE terminate date protocols. Prior to the referenced rule change, when an insured called in to terminate their individual policy on the marketplace the termination would not be effective until 14 days in to the future. CMS’ updated policy now reflects the typical process most carriers follow that an insured can request a “date of call” termination.
See below for Fridays official Marketplace announcement.
June 7, 2018
BCBSIL will extend existing transitional policy plans for an additional year, through the end of groups’ 2019 plan years.
Following the recent announcements by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois will be extending existing transitional policy plans for an additional year, through the end of groups’ 2019 plan years, including:
- Non-grandfathered (non-metallic) small group (1-50) plans with policy years beginning on or before Oct. 1, 2013.
- Non-grandfathered plans are considered those issued after March 23, 2010, but before Jan. 1, 2014.
June 4, 2018
The IRS recently announced the increase to the affordability threshold for ACA employer mandate pay or play purposes to 9.86% for plan years beginning in 2019. This is increased from 9.56% for 2018 plan years.
For a copy of Revenue Procedure 2018-34 please click on the link below:
March 21, 2018
BCBSIL has communicated in The News from the Blues that as of 4/1/18 they are no longer accepting the Illinois Standard Health Employee Application for new OR existing business. Please make sure you and your clients are using only the new form starting 4/1/18. The new form can be found on our website with the name of 2018 Employee Enrollment/Change Form.
At this time BCBSIL is still accepting the one page Enrollment Change Request Form to make any minor changes on a member’s account, but we do think in the future they will switch to the new form for all transactions.
As a reminder Group Administrators and brokers can process the application on Blue Access for Employers (BAE) in most instances. This would be a good time to help your willing clients better acquaint themselves with BAE.