June 4, 2018
The IRS recently announced the increase to the affordability threshold for ACA employer mandate pay or play purposes to 9.86% for plan years beginning in 2019. This is increased from 9.56% for 2018 plan years.
For a copy of Revenue Procedure 2018-34 please click on the link below:
March 21, 2018
BCBSIL has communicated in The News from the Blues that as of 4/1/18 they are no longer accepting the Illinois Standard Health Employee Application for new OR existing business. Please make sure you and your clients are using only the new form starting 4/1/18. The new form can be found on our website with the name of 2018 Employee Enrollment/Change Form.
At this time BCBSIL is still accepting the one page Enrollment Change Request Form to make any minor changes on a member’s account, but we do think in the future they will switch to the new form for all transactions.
As a reminder Group Administrators and brokers can process the application on Blue Access for Employers (BAE) in most instances. This would be a good time to help your willing clients better acquaint themselves with BAE.
March 19, 2018
All Illinois resident producers are required to complete 24 hours of CE with 3 of those hours consisting of classroom ethics. Resource Brokerage, LLC will be holding an ethics classroom presentation that fulfills the state’s requirement. The program will consist of an in-depth discussion of ethics as they pertain to the independent insurance agent.
The program is designed to be interactive and the instructor encourages class attendees to participate in discussions of the different ethical/unethical scenarios that will be presented.
Classroom Ethics Course:
Wednesday, April 11, 2018 9:00am to Noon
Schaumburg Corporate Conference Center Conference Rooms A,B,C and D. 1501 E. Woodfield Road Schaumburg, IL 60173
RSVP below or via phone to Judy Wrigley: 847-598-0039
For brokers (or assistants) that have produced for us in the last two years, there is no charge IF REGISTERED IN ADVANCE. For all other interested individuals, a non-refundable $60 registration fee will be charged (exception: if you place a piece of business through our agency within 60 days of the seminar, the registration fee will be refunded to you).
Same day registration (subject to availability): $80 cash or check. No discounts will be honored for same day “walk ins”.
March 9, 2018
Blair Farwell and Jennifer Clow just returned from spending three days on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC with the National Association of Health Underwriters. Resource Brokerage will be hosting a webinar to discuss:
- Now that Repeal and Replace is no longer being pursued in Washington, what are the current legislative goals of our industry in order to stabilize markets?
- What are the real world incremental changes we can make to bring rate and market stability back to the health insurance markets?
- What should you as an insurance agent be doing now?
- What are the valuable talking points that you can discuss with your clients when they ask you, “What are the solutions? What’s next?” for health insurance reform?
- What are the current potential threats to the health insurance market/industry that are being explored in Washington, DC as of today?
Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:00pm-2:00pm
Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:00am-11:00am
January 25, 2018
Have you protected your individual commissions through year end?
Producer SEP affirmations must be completed by 2/15/18.
Please send us a print screen when your Attestation successfully posts for our records. You will receive a Success page with “Your confirmation number is 1-xxxxxxxx”.
May 20, 2014
Two Sessions! June 11th and 12th.
- An in-depth review of the 2014 Group renewal environment
- What to expect as a broker
- What should brokers be doing right now to be prepared for the 12/1-1/1 renewal season